Location: 257 Back Lake Road
Telephone: (603) 538-6358
HOURS OF OPERATRION: Monday - 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – 12:00 noon – 6:00pm
Friday – Closed
Saturday – 8:00am – 12:00 noon
Sunday – 8:00am – 2:00 pm
The Transfer Station will be closed on any holidays that fall on a regular Transfer Station open day.
ATTENDANTS: Ronnie Owen, Employed since – 1998
Eddie Evarts – Employed since 2017
Robert Blanchard – Employed since - 2018
The transfer station began operation on October 15, 1991 and is open to property owners in the towns of Pittsburg and Clarksville. A transfer station permit (decal) is required and can be obtained at the Pittsburg Selectmen’s Office or at the transfer station. Recycling is mandatory and all refuse must be sorted and placed in specific areas at the transfer station:
IN THE RECYLING BINS:
- Cans – All steel and aluminum cans used for food or beverages
Note: Aerosol cans are to be placed in container outside of bin
- Plastics – All plastics such as soda bottles, milk, juice, detergent, and shampoo containers; Note: motor oil, dry gas, anti-freeze, or plastic dishes are not recyclable items
- Glass – All glass products are recyclable; Note: Florescent light bulbs are not to be thrown in the recycling bin. Ask attendants for proper disposal
(All of the above items should be rinsed clean with covers removed)
IN THE SHEDS:
- Cardboard – All Corrugated cardboard (flattened)
- Newspaper – Must be bundled or bagged separately
- Magazines, Catalogs, & Telephone Books – Bundled or bagged separately
- Vehicle Batteries & Used Oil – See attendant for proper disposal location
- TV’s, Computers, Printers – See attendant for proper disposal location
The Town is authorized to operate a municipal burn site for the open burning of brush with attached leaves, and untreated wood generated from construction or demolition of a building, provided the material originated in the town. There will be no dumping in the burn pit on Mondays. Only the following items may be burned at the burn site:
- “Brush” – defined to mean tree tops, limbs, saplings, and tree cutting (to include attached leaves) which are five inches in diameter or less
- “Untreated Wood” – defined to mean any timber, board, or sawn dimensional lumber which has not been painted, treated, coated, or preserved. This does not include material such as plywood or waferbaord.
- Nothing shall be larger than 5 feet in length and no diameter over 5 inches.
All metal items – if it is questionable, please ask the attendant
CHARGEABLE FEES: MUST BE PAID TO THE ATTENDANT BEFORE DUMPING
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners - A $10.00 fee is requested for disposal of these items
- Tires- The disposal fee for tires is: Cars, Pickup & Light Trucks up to 17” = $5.00 ea.; Commercial Trucks up to 24” – $8.00 ea.; Heavy Equipment (Skidders, Loaders, Backhoes and Tractor) over 24” = $40.00 ea.. All rims must be removed.
- Construction Debris- There is a fee of $25.00 per cubic yard for dumping shingles, sheetrock, insulation, and any construction debris that cannot be burned. There is a $5.00 minimum charge. Nothing shall be larger than 3 feet x 3 feet.
- Televisions, Computer Monitors, & Printers- The fee for Large Televisions is $20.00, Mid to Small Televisions, Monitors, and printers - $10.00, Computers (CPU) - $5.00.
- Florescent Light Bulbs- The fee for up to 4’ light bulbs is 50 cents each, and all longer bulbs are $ 1.00.
Accepts all other everyday household trash. If you are in doubt as to what to throw in the compactor, please ask the attendant on duty!!!!